It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:01 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Future of obs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:17 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
This is what I've gathered from the past couple of days playing.

Skill gain is extremely too slow. This is a dying game sadly and we only have a few of us that get on as of now from the recent updates and what not. I've spent hours in dungeons trying to get a single gain in archery at 88.1 to no avail (I'm not at skill cap). Tried training parry on my pvm and only got .2 gains within 20 minutes (was on my mage at like 44.1 parry training on sun harpies that hit pretty quick, he is also not at skill cap). Meditation is extremely slow, any new player that tries to gain in med will most likely quit when they see they only gained .1 med within 30 minutes (my pvp mage apocalypse is still at like 89 meditation over the numerous years I've had him). Was thinking about training a bowyer so I went out to see how lumber jacking gains are. I hit 3 trees and didn't get a single gain at around 22 lumberjack so I obviously quit training that.

I know the skill gain is from back when the server was alive and I loved the challenge back then, but now it needs to change if this server has any hope of at least keeping the old player base. None of us older players are going to stare at the screen for months trying to gain a skill on a server with 5+ players. No new player is going to stare at the screen with this very difficult skill gain when they could just go play any other server that has way more content, 300+ players, allows razor/steam/assist, allows afking, etc.

My brother started playing again (he hadn't played that much back in the day so his skills are still pretty low) and is already discouraged from trying to level his skills because of the slow gain.

I don't know what the plans are for the server, if this is just a spur of the moment thing or if you guys are actually wanting to get this rolling again but hopefully you can see how raising the skill gain is needed for new players to join. I can guarantee you will gain 0 players when they realize the skill gain on this server. I really want to train my skills that are close to gm but with this skill gain its pointless, it would take me forever.

I've been told I come off as rude a lot so if anyone thinks that, I am trying my best to not sound rude lol. Just wanting the best for the server so I figured I'd give my input.

Post subject: Re: Future of obs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:09 am 
Site Admin

On the one hand, I hear the argument, on the other hand obsidian being something you "earn" things on is part of it's design/appeal.
Changes like this are almost impossible to undo once done, because people will gripe either that some people earned it "the easy way" or that others are "being punished".
Still, I went ahead and made some adjustments I think are a nice compromise that we could live with. Most of the crafting/gathering skills didn't get much adjustment, but the bulk of the "normal play" skills got double or near it gain rate. Stats got a large increase on the bottom and a reduction near the top.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]