It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:59 pm 

maybe we should play together for a couple days in souvenir of the good old days,,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:34 pm 

I could log on if I saw somebody else on there, I might log on and hang around vesper bridges.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

I am -really- -REALLY- sorry about this.
So I went under contract for a house in december.
It finally closed near the end of februrary, with some contingent repairs. I've been rushing those as fast as possible, and they just finished the inside today. Lots outside to do but enough i can move in.

I'm moving sunday.

What this means for you guys:
2 periods of downtime.
First one is when i move the actual server and get the DNS updated to the new address. This one should be sunday CST about 7-8am to probably 11-12/ish + dns propagation time.

Second one will be later when i take it down to bring the proper network online. With any luck that will be a very quick changeover and any prolonged downtime will be getting the new network layers working.

However in return for this slight hiccup, it will finally be out of the rather poor cable based internet the server was hosted on, and on to gigabit fiber that should have drastically better uptime and relatively low levels of latency(unmeasured but initial install tests were in the 20-40 range vs current connection of 80-160 during peak). Also when the proper networking comes on after the second time, the server will not only be isolated but have proper priority on the channel like it used to, as well as a new gateway that should eliminate the clog issue a small percent experienced in large changes due to the older protocol.

It will literally be the last thing disconnected and the first thing hooked up in the initial move.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
I could log on if I saw somebody else on there, I might log on and hang around vesper bridges.
I'm hoping to be about once or twice over the next week or so, my usual - make some stuff, bash a monster or two :)
Quote:
I am -really- -REALLY- sorry about this.
So I went under contract for a house in december.
It finally closed near the end of februrary, with some contingent repairs. I've been rushing those as fast as possible, and they just finished the inside today. Lots outside to do but enough i can move in.

I'm moving sunday.

What this means for you guys:
2 periods of downtime.
First one is when i move the actual server and get the DNS updated to the new address. This one should be sunday CST about 7-8am to probably 11-12/ish + dns propagation time.

Second one will be later when i take it down to bring the proper network online. With any luck that will be a very quick changeover and any prolonged downtime will be getting the new network layers working.

However in return for this slight hiccup, it will finally be out of the rather poor cable based internet the server was hosted on, and on to gigabit fiber that should have drastically better uptime and relatively low levels of latency(unmeasured but initial install tests were in the 20-40 range vs current connection of 80-160 during peak). Also when the proper networking comes on after the second time, the server will not only be isolated but have proper priority on the channel like it used to, as well as a new gateway that should eliminate the clog issue a small percent experienced in large changes due to the older protocol.

It will literally be the last thing disconnected and the first thing hooked up in the initial move.
I hope it all goes nice and smooth for you Bob :)

Last edited by Tax_man on Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:09 pm 
Staff

Speaking of bashing monsters, if I see at least 4-6 people online or even talking about getting on in the next 2 weeks then we should have a Monster Bash event to break in the new connection Bob has set up and perhaps give out a couple of rares.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 pm 

The UK just pretty much shut up shop.

I dare say, I should be able to manage a bit of play sooner rather than later!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:51 pm 

wow looks like a few of us have had the same idea :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:12 pm 

I'd maybe log in if the terrors let me (Wife and daughter) and if I could remember my credentials. Getting senile in my 40s.

Fisker GM Fisherman
Noah [TLC] GM Lady Charmer
Pheonix PVM mage

How many staff does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One to script it.
One to debug it.
One to place it.
One to take the player pages bitching about it.
One to tell the others that they got it all wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
if I could remember my credentials. Getting senile in my 40s.
Oh that was you spamming the login earlier today? Yeah you are trying the wrong account, shot you a pm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:52 pm 

I can barely remember my own name lately. Fortunately wifely remembers it.

Fisker GM Fisherman
Noah [TLC] GM Lady Charmer
Pheonix PVM mage

How many staff does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One to script it.
One to debug it.
One to place it.
One to take the player pages bitching about it.
One to tell the others that they got it all wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 pm 

Downloading client tonight and will log on as soon as I can. May as well for this 20 year anniversary! Perhaps I can convince some old friends to get back on too. The shard was only 3 or 4 years old when I first joined and I'm honestly shocked that it's still (kinda around).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:59 am 

Just thought I'd log in to say hi to all new and old members, I can't login game as I don't remember my account details.

Stay safe, all the best.

Kat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Just thought I'd log in to say hi to all new and old members, I can't login game as I don't remember my account details.

Stay safe, all the best.

Kat.
Sent you an email to help you recover.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

That was fun, thanks to the 10 people i got to say hi to throughout the day and the more thatn said they'd be coming on over the next weekend. We had some events, we will probably do a few more as I brush off the dust and fix some of the old systems that used to work but broke over time (like jousting)

A common question is how long will this be up, the answer is so long as even one person logs in during a given month, i'm leaving it up. Being able to revisit these memories, build new ones, or even just talk to old friends and see where life takes them decades later, is worthwhile to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:11 am 

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it! Next time hopefully! :D

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next