It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: So very confused
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:35 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
I logged on. It's the first time in over a decade. I am so confused. It put me in a small room where I had to choose a class. There was not a class that really matched what my character did before, but I chose warrior, grudgingly. My armor was Mythril... I don't remember mythril... this It then took me to a little room with a portal and every time I walked through it, it shoved noob gear in my pack.... couldn't get out... Eventually, I dropped a rune stone. It took me to a runestone chamber different from what I remember. I walked in to vesper and vesper was empty. I runestoned again to britain and britain was empty. When I tried to click my vampire stone, just to sort of try and remember what a vampire can do... it disappeared. I have some keys in my inventory. One says blank key and the other two say "gold coin". I have a full set of valorite and some vanq weapons in the bank, but had 0 gold. since I don't remember anything, I threw my stuff in the bank and ran to the Britain graveyard to try to get some bone armor, so I don't get PK'ed and get all my good stuff stolen... Healing seems nerfed, and I got owned by some skeletons... GM with a mace, but now my bow only does 50% damage, and... sucks... eventually I got bone armor, but none of the shielded skeletons dropped shields... can someone explain to me how this all works now, where people hang out and go, etc.

I am just so confused about all this.

Post subject: Re: So very confused
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:28 pm 
Staff

Hello! Good to see another returning player.

- The classes thing as well as starting new characters can still be a bit weird and confusing so we have been planning on ways to make things more clear.

- People generally hang out at or near the Vesper bank these days when they are not off hunting or whatever.

- The 50% bow damage is due to a race code change. You are not the only one complaining about it, but I'm unsure of if or when it will change.

- There was a "gold wipe" ago with a series of major Sphere upgrades. Prices in the economy are no where near as crazy as they once were though and you should not have any problem quickly making gold.

- A couple of others have complained about healing such as being GM in anatomy skill not giving enough bonus for successful healing. How does it feel "nerfed" to you exactly? Just failing too often?

Post subject: Re: So very confused
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:15 pm 

I have gotten the hang of healing now. I think it was primarily the cooldown time for bandies seems longer than it used to be (I remember when there was basically no CD and they were washable). That having been said, combat related skill gain is now way easier, so it didn't take me long to fix some of the issues on my character. The archery thing bites him hard, and the vampire stone disappearance, with no vamp line on this character, is quite rough, but he is playable now, and I will adapt him to the current situation and make some new characters more customized to the current lay of the land.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]